CYP FB group- https://www.facebook.com/groups/515235949103385/
This is a great resource to get questions answered and find great free educational resources.
• Parents are required to self-care for their own children at home if Navy full-time telework agreement during COVID-19 pandemic is executed, parent fees will be waived and their space will be saved.
• Parent fees will be waived/space saved for all personnel who elect to voluntarily temporarily withdraw their child for at least two weeks or until May 1, 2020.
• If any parents have any questions that they feel aren’t being adequately addressed, please contact CYP Management at the following numbers: (907) 322-9658 or (808) 375-1657.
- ALL Services for NON-mission essential/critical (Effective Monday, 30 March)
- Parents who believe they fall into this category will need to fill out the essential childcare declaration and have an authorized command representative sign it. Download form here
- Parents should continue to work with their current centers if they have questions and should identify themselves as mission essential / critical (if applicable) as soon as possible so we can plan for your attendance Monday. Forms should be brought into your respective center(s) by close of business this Friday, 27 March. If possible, please bring the essential childcare declaration to the appropriate location (based on the consolidations above) on Monday.
- Child Development Center operations will be consolidated into two locations - Wahiawa and Center Drive. (Effective Monday, 30 March)
- School Age Care Programs will be consolidated into our Hickam location (Effective Monday, 30 March)
- CYP will be conducting health screening questions and a temperature screening prior to entry/re-entry into facility (Effective Moneday, 30 March)
- Youth Sports
- Teen Center
- Hourly Care (unless emergency/mission essential)
- All programs that are NOT full-time childcare
- New childcare enrollment (unless emergency/mission essential)
Frequently Asked Questions (also downloadable HERE)Q: I thought we were going to "mission essential" only on THU 26 MAR, but now it’s 30 MAR?
A: 26 MAR was the original guidance from CNIC, however, we felt this was too aggressive a timeline and would not give parents enough time to follow through on the necessary requirements. We requested, and were given permission to delay action until 30 MAR.
Q: If I am NOT mission essential and am now required to care for my child myself, will my fees still be waived?
A: Yes, your fees will be waived while you self-care for your child and your place will be maintained in the center.
Q: If we’ve already submitted a letter from our command recently that denotes us as mission essential do we have to have this letter signed as well?
A: In most cases, no.You can utilize the previous letter (if current and recent) rather than having to get another one signed.
Q: Why are we combining facilities? Isn’t that counter-intuitive to social distancing?
A: We trying to maximize mission effectiveness to provide the best care and minimizing exposure to facilities, staff, children. By limiting child care to two facilities and school-age care to one, we can centralize supplies and resources so we can weather this situation.
All children are still kept in classrooms with their appropriate age-level adult-to-child ratio, minimizing size and maximizing social distancing as much as possible. Where practical and possible, we are attempting to maintain the same classroom/groups of children and caregivers.
Q: Where are the designated facilities?
A: These are the facilities that will be active:
Center Drive CDC
Mon-Fri: 5am – 7pm (same hours)
Center Drive, Bldg 930
JBPHH, HI 96860
Regular entrance accessible during all operational hours.
Optional walk-in access only gate open off Center Drive: 6am – 8am & 4pm-6pm
Google Map location:
Wahiawa Annex CDC
Wahiawa Annex Bldg 477
Wahiawa , HI 96786
Google Map location:
Hickam School Age Care
70 Alula Way (next to Mokulele Elementary)
JBPHH, HI 96853
Google map location:
Q: When will we return to a normal status?
A: We have no current information. The situation is very fluid and we will put out as much information as possible as we receive it.
Click Here for COVID-19 updates from the Hawaii Department of Education
- CYP Hiring Fair
- Teen Center Events
- Field Trips, Family Nights, #WeOwnFridays, Teen Hiring Fair, etc.
- Youth Sports Parent Meeting
- Spring Sports (Postponed)