Teen Center- Reopens July 6
Temporary Hours: Mon-Thur 2pm-8pm; Friday 2pm-9pm
Youth Sports has resumed programming.
Register your child for Fall Sports today!
CYP FB group- https://www.facebook.com/groups/515235949103385/
This is a great resource to get questions answered and find great free educational resources.
• Parents are required to self-care for their own children at home if Navy full-time telework agreement during COVID-19 pandemic is executed, parent fees will be waived and their space will be saved.
• Parent fees will be waived/space saved for all personnel who elect to voluntarily temporarily withdraw their child for at least two weeks or until May 1, 2020.
• If any parents have any questions that they feel aren’t being adequately addressed, please contact CYP Management at the following numbers: (907) 322-9658 or (808) 375-1657.
- Services prioritized for mission essential/critical (Effective Monday, 30 March)
- CYP will be conducting health screening questions and a temperature screening prior to entry/re-entry into facility (Effective Moneday, 30 March)
Frequently Asked Questions (also downloadable HERE)Q: I thought we were going to "mission essential" only on THU 26 MAR, but now it’s 30 MAR?
A: 26 MAR was the original guidance from CNIC, however, we felt this was too aggressive a timeline and would not give parents enough time to follow through on the necessary requirements. We requested, and were given permission to delay action until 30 MAR.
Q: If I am NOT mission essential and am now required to care for my child myself, will my fees still be waived?
A: Yes, your fees will be waived while you self-care for your child and your place will be maintained in the center.
Q: If we’ve already submitted a letter from our command recently that denotes us as mission essential do we have to have this letter signed as well?
A: In most cases, no.You can utilize the previous letter (if current and recent) rather than having to get another one signed.
Q: Why are we combining facilities? Isn’t that counter-intuitive to social distancing?
A: We trying to maximize mission effectiveness to provide the best care and minimizing exposure to facilities, staff, children. By limiting child care to two facilities and school-age care to one, we can centralize supplies and resources so we can weather this situation.
All children are still kept in classrooms with their appropriate age-level adult-to-child ratio, minimizing size and maximizing social distancing as much as possible. Where practical and possible, we are attempting to maintain the same classroom/groups of children and caregivers.
Q: Where are the designated facilities?
A: These are the facilities that will be active:
Center Drive CDC
Mon-Fri: 5am – 7pm (same hours)
Center Drive, Bldg 930
JBPHH, HI 96860
Regular entrance accessible during all operational hours.
Optional walk-in access only gate open off Center Drive: 6am – 8am & 4pm-6pm
Google Map location:
Wahiawa Annex CDC
Wahiawa Annex Bldg 477
Wahiawa , HI 96786
Google Map location:
Hickam School Age Care
70 Alula Way (next to Mokulele Elementary)
JBPHH, HI 96853
Google map location:
Q: When will we return to a normal status?
A: We have no current information. The situation is very fluid and we will put out as much information as possible as we receive it.
Click Here for COVID-19 updates from the Hawaii Department of Education
- CYP Hiring Fair
- Teen Center Events
- Field Trips, Family Nights, #WeOwnFridays, Teen Hiring Fair, etc.
- Youth Sports Parent Meeting
- Spring Sports (Postponed)