FORD ISLAND FITNESS CENTER
Effective 30 July 2021 Masks are required except when utilizing cardio equipment
Effective 10 May unmanned fitness centers have reopened with normal operating hours, including the Family Fitness Center, Makalapa, Ford Island and Westloch, . Please maintain appropriate distance and capacity measures in the facilities. Refer to our COVID-19 tab for additional program updates.
A 24 hour non-staffed fitness center located on the historic Ford Island.
Ford Island weight room rules
- Authorized Patrons only. Military ID required.
- Appropriate fitness clothing/shoes will be worn at all times and cover the body in a way not to offend others.
- Patrons must be 15 years or older to use this facility.
- Children between the ages of 10-15 yrs old must complete the Navy Fitness Youth Orientation program BEFORE authorized to work out under adult supervision.
- Children under the age of 10 must remain in the enclosed area provided in the cardio room. Parents must remain in this room and provide direct supervision at all times.
- Soiled diapers must be thrown away in the outside dumpster.
- Food and drinks are prohibited. Water/Sports drinks ok.
- Towels are required while working out in this facility.
- Smoking is prohibited within 75 feet of this facility.
- Abusive language is not permitted.
- All weights must be returned to the proper rack.
- Standing or placing weights on upholstered equipment is not permitted.
- Gym bags must be kept in the locker rooms.
- Lockers are for daily use only. Items left overnight will be removed.
- Dropping or banging weights is not permitted.
- Radios are not allowed without personal headsets.
- Weight belts prohibited on machines if the buckle might tear upholstery.
- Cardio equipment is limited to 30 minutes during peak hours or when others are waiting.
- Active Duty have priority Monday-Friday 5-7am and 11am-1pm at all Navy fitness facilities.
- Use of plastic suits is prohibited.
- In consideration for others, equipment must be wiped down after using.
- Outside trainers are prohibited from using this facility.
- Individuals found in non-compliance with any of the above rules may be barred from the facility for a period prescribed by the Commanding Officer.
- Please call Bloch Arena 808-473-0793 for assistance.
- Go into Ford Island Main entrance.
- Third exit in the turnabout, turn left at the air traffic control tower.
- Take a right at first Stop sign.
- Turn left at the aviation museum, and the Fitness center is directly straight ahead. Take entrance door on the right.
St. Louis Ave
Honolulu, HI 96818
Open 24 hours