4th of July Yard Decorating Contest - sponsored by USAA
In partnership with NEX and Hickam Communities and Ohana Hunt Housing Community
Do you live in a Hickam Communities or Ohana Hunt Community? If you do, go “all-out” and show your 4th of July enthusiasm by decorating your yard! We will be judging your Independence Day themed yard – the bigger, the better. We will choose winners from seven housing areas! 1st, 2nd and 3rd place prizes will be awarded.
Entry Period: June 1-25
Finalists Judging: July 1
Winners Announced: July 4
HERE'S THE RULES!
(1) Participation is open to all residents within these Housing Communities & this will also be your housing group.
- Catlin, Halsey Terraces, Radford & Doris Miller Parks
- Moanalua/Maloelap and Hale Moku/Hokulani
- Halawa, Hele Mai, McGrew, & Camp Stover
- Pearl City Pennisula and Ford Island, including Nob Hill
- Makalapa/Hale Alii/Hospital Point
- Officer Field and Onizuka Village
- Hale Na Koa Village and Earhart Village
(2) Entry is free, no cost or fees apply.
(3) Employees of MWR, NEX and PPV Housing are not eligible to participate.
(4) Contest is for exterior decorations only, including decorations in windows that are visible from the exterior. Judging will be done from outside the residence only.
(5) Contestants will send their best Independence Day Yard Decoration by texting 808-306-8830. Include name, address, housing area and photo.
(6) Participants agree to have one or more photos of their decorated residence exterior posted on social media. Participant agrees there will be no compensation of any kind for said posting or publication.
(7) Judging criteria will include (a) Unique design & decorations; (b) Patriotic Theme; (c) Display and placement of decorations, animated objects, etc; and (d) Overall presentation.
(8) Prizes will be awarded for each housing group.
Be creative, festive, and have fun!! Happy Independence Day!